Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Farmer report

Played the farmers and ended +308 for the night. One big hand of note...

I was dealt QQ on the button. The table was playing real tight (i'll get to that later) when Brandon, in early position, makes it $15 to play. Everyone begins to fold and I glance over at the SB/BB. They both have their cards in their hands as if ready to muck, so I decide to just call and not give away my hand strength. Two to the flop.

Flop: JJT

Brandon looks at me and checks and I check behind him.

Turn: Q for a board of JJTQ

Now I have damn near the nuts. Brandon checks again and I have to bet now. I put out $20 and he just calls. Now i'm running over in my head what he could possible have that he would only call. It had to be big. My best guess was AJ or KJ.

River: A for a board of JJTQA

This time Brandon bets out $20. I start putting him on all the hands he would have in EP that he would raise and only call a turn bet. Likely hands are AA, KK, AK, QT, JJ, TT and JT with a few of those hands not very likely (JJ, JT). I decide to reraise $40 more and he only has $12 more after that and pushes all in and I call.

He had TT. He flopped a boat and was setting a trap but I resucked on the turn. I loved it.

Brandon reads this blog now, perhaps he'll give some insight on what he was thinking.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

he was pry thinking you easily could have had JTs, AJ, KJ, QJ, AK, AQ. Something dominated and gonna pay him, since if you are agg you might reraise with QQ-AA, so those too are unlikely. The fact that JJ is already on board makes JJ unlikely. He thought you were gonna str8 or fl and pay him.

May 23, 2006 10:46 AM  
Blogger Hrbek said...

Once the board got ugly he had to hope you didnt out boat him...

May 23, 2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger steeler247 said...

LOL!

editors make good writers my dear.

May 24, 2006 2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry too have finally found your blog and read this. I was setting up for a trap and put you on AK, but with your reraise I was pretty sure I was beat, due to knowing how you play, but since I was short stacked I had to pay to see. Brandon

December 07, 2006 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home