Monday, May 22, 2006

Hows this...

So last Friday I am told before I even sit down that the Asst. Director of Bands has already been filled. Then on Friday afternoon I see a very good friend of mine from HS at a convenience store. He tells me he is coaching in a small town down the street and asked me to be the Asst Baseball coach and English teacher. Sweet! I call him today and it seems that the Athletic Director has someone in mind already. Not so sweet.

Then i'm hearing rumblings that there may be an opening here for the Asst Director of Bands. This is the gig I wanted when I was still in HS. It was always my dream to be the Band Director in my hometown. Turns out there is a rule in Edna that the district cannot hire someone if they have an immediate family member serving on the board and my dad has been on the school board for nearly 10 years. Long enough I say. I ask him, should the position become vacant, would he consider stepping down so I could take it.

He said no, then went through this long, excuse-ladden speech.

Nothing like family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home