Sunday, May 21, 2006

Weekend update

This is gonna be somewhat long. Read. Don't read. I couldn't care less.

Friday

Basically my life now rotates around poker, so much of this update will involve poker. What else is new. Started at the brother's game with a new found attitude. Failed to update last Friday because I took a royal reaming at the game. I was stuck $300 after 2 hrs last week and rallied by 1 AM to only be down $110. Somewhat of a small victory.

NOT!

Anyway. Started the night out getting a few hands cracked and quickly found myself down $60. Luckily for me I was able to take a 2 hr break. My oldest son had a baseball game so I went to cheer him on. (They won!) I called my buddy Knighty81 just to get some quick tips/solace/sarcasm on my play. Got his answering machine. His message is too funny and it seemed to settle me down. When I returned there was tons of chips in play. I had around $40 which represented the $60 I was down.

One side note: We have a new player to the brother's game. Brandon is one of the dealers at the farmer's game and he is 21. He is a very solid and very aggressive player and because of this he wins alot of chips. He's my buddy and so we generally avoid each other. No collusion, just a little space.

When I returned to the game, Brandon had around $400 in chips. He told us he would be leaving around 11:30. I noticed that Brian had around $100, Steve had around $60 and Bill had around $200. I quickly picked up some pots with pure aggression.

A few hands of note:

John started playing really scared. He told me he was stuck $140 and he had around $80 in front of him. He should have never told me that. I was dealt 88 on the button. Brandon was first to act and called the BB of $1. Jerry called. Bill made it his customary $4 raise. I called from the button. John was the SB and made it $8 to go with pocket 10s. He will never understand that min betting does nothing but build pots. And it gives me the odds to call. BB folds. Brandon folds. Jerry and Bill call and I make the call. 4 to the flop. Flop comes J64 rainbow. John checks his 10s. Jerry checks. Bill checks. I make it $16. Now John is pissed that the board has a higher card than his 10s and he says he folds... Jerry folds and Bill calls. Turn was another Jack. Board is J64J and I feel a little better about my 8s. Bill checks and I push all in my last $20 or so. Bill calls with pocket 2s (why, i have no idea) and I take down the pot.

John is pissed. He couldn't believe I would play 8s to a raise. He called me a fish. Whatever. I won the pot and I was on my way.

Very next hand:

I get 10 10 in the cutoff. John is the button now with AKo. Bill makes it $4 to go and I reraise to $10 straight. John calls. Bill actually folds. Flop comes KQ7. I bet $15 hoping to buy the pot right then but John calls with his top pair/top kicker. I'm now about to give up on the put when the turn comes a 3 and I check. This time he hesitates and only bets $5. It wasn't a bet of confidence so I decide to reraise him to $20 straight. He thinks for around 2 minutes or so and shows me AK and mucks. I show him my 10s and he's really pissed. I still can't believe he folded. A few hands later Bill takes all his chips.

Brandon leaves at 11:30 with a profit of $380. I was now ahead of my buy ins and was making a very good run. Was making good plays and getting some nut hands. We decided we would quit at 1:30. Only 4 players left and I was the chip leader. I quickly knock Brian out and he decides he's gonna just deal. Only 3 players left and we decide to quit. Bill says lets play one more hand. Ok.

Last hand was Omaha Hi. I was dealt KJJ3. Bill makes it $4 to go. I call and Jerry calls with only $60 or so left. Flop comes J33. I have the nuts. I'm the first to act and check. Jerry bets the pot and Bill calls so I just smooth call. Turn comes the 8. I check again and Jerry pushes all in. Bill calls. I call. River is a Q. I no longer have the nuts but its damn close. I bet $15 and bill makes it $40 more to go. I think about it and push all in and he calls immediately. He made an 8s full boat on the turn and I take every chip left on the table for a profit of $280. Very nice night.

Saturday

Monthly Farmers Saturday night tourney. Buyin for the tournament was decided on $150 and we only had 14 players. Not a good turnout and I busted in 7th for $0. No worries. Me and Brandon start playing some $20 Heads up NL games and I'm up $80 quickly. By the time the cash game started I was up around $120 in the heads up games. Only 7 people decide to play the cash games. I love the short handed set ups. I quickly double up my buyin and for the night I ended up $310 and Brandon ended up nearly $400 more. We killed the games this weekend.

Sunday

Rode bikes. Ate pizza. Watched Sopranos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home