Monday, May 15, 2006

Am I....

...still the uncle to AJ and Aubrey?

Does divorce really mean I have no ties to my nieces and nephews? Funny thing is I have other nieces/nephews from Lidia's side of the family, but those are the only one's I wanna keep. I'm actually glad I have little ties to the inlaws...

I saw a funny link at Khan's site and it reminded me of my EX-mother in law.* My mother-in-law and I never saw eye to eye. She never liked me because, according to her, I always thought I was better than everyone. She was pretty twisted. Here are a few examples of this woman. Some may be exaggerated for pure comic relief.

On leaving Edna for a job in San Antonio - "can't you find work in Edna? If you are as good as you think you are you could.".

On buying a house - "you should just rent and not pay taxes on the house."

On children and seatbelts - "my grandkids are not going to burn up in a car, strapped to their seats."

On children and airbags - "I won't get in a wreck so its ok for them to ride up front. Besides I'll stop them from hitting the dashboard if I see a wreck coming"

On me quitting my job to move back to Edna - "I'm sure you did that to get out of child support"

On me continuing with my education - "Your kids are gonna see that you don't work and think its ok to go to school forever"

On voting - "huh?"

Maybe divorce isn't all that bad after all.

* with the stringent libel lawsuits that exist in this country, the Mother In Law in this story is not representative of actual living or dead mother in laws. My apologies to those who may be offended by this.

2 Comments:

Blogger steeler247 said...

i meant moving to SA 6 years ago. I've since moved back to the sticks. But i'm in SA all the time. I'll meet ya.

May 15, 2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger t said...

LOL I have a mother in law from HELL and she will be here Friday next week. OH JOY.

May 19, 2006 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home