Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Steeler the Dealer

Monday night Farmers game and over 40 people at the game. Tommy was short a dealer and asked me if I wanted to deal. I said sure and he put me at a NLHE table. They pay $40 for the night which isn't all that great but you get/expect tips. For the night I made $140 in tips. I think I'm gonna deal all the time now! Felt I could cut my table up if I played, but positive cash flow is always the best bet. I'm actually glad I dealt- Its a whole new perspective from this side of the felt.

<*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}><

Completed another poker table for the game just in time for Monday delivery. Another $425 in the bag. This is turning out to be a sweet deal for me. I've now made 7 poker tables in the last 7 months or so. It keeps me busy and I like doing 'em. I'm actually pretty good at it. I figure if I can draw it, I can build it.

<*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}><

Lidia brought Allison over this morning. Seems Sissy didn't want her momma to take her to school and instead wanted her daddy to take her. So being that it was 7:30am, I decided that Allison and I would sleep in! We slept till 10am and I got dressed. Allison went to watch cartoons and then decided she wanted to go to Pizza Hut. Being that she already knows her colors I decided that one day of pre-school education could be missed - and we were off to the land of greasy pizza. She ate 2 'pre-pa-ronti' slices and drank lots of tea. I was having a field day spoiling this little girl. I haven't had her all day in awhile and it was a real treat for both of us. After this I took her to Wal-Mart and bought her a mermaid-bubble-blowing-shell-thingy that goes in the bathtub with her.

Lidia was real pleased that Allison skipped school. Real pleased.

She'll get over it.

<*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}>< <*}}}><

I've had a very good week of live poker. Last Monday I was up nearly $200. Friday I won almost $200. Saturday I got 5th in the tourney for $420 and this past Monday I was dealing cards and made $180 more. Not bad for me. My online play has sucked. I'm torn between NL and Limit. I've made a real effort to play the $1/2 Limit but I don't log nearly enough hours to overcome variance. In the last week i've played about 2hrs a day of online poker and the majority is Limit. I'm getting turned off more and more with the online game.

-twentyfourseven

2 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

gg dealer. they say dealers are good bcauze they can (i.e., have to) watch the play unfold and can see the patterns/tells/etc.

nice run live.

February 23, 2006 12:07 AM  
Blogger steeler247 said...

actually while I was dealing I noticed several things about players I didn't notice before. I'm hoping to get the oppurtunity to do it more often.

February 23, 2006 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home