Monday, January 30, 2006

Pics of piccs

When I was in music school, I swore I would own a Schilke piccolo P5-4. This is considered by many to be the best piccolo trumpet made. I had to have one. So when I moved to San Antonio, I started my own trumpet studio and came upon a very nice Yamaha piccolo Bb/A short model shown here...


Yamaha 6810S

Never thought i'd have the P5-4 because A.) they are expensive (around 3k) and B.) they are very hard to get. But they look so cool I had to have one. Who cares if I would hardly ever play it. Right?!? So i kept toiling away on the short model Yamaha until one day the manager of H&H Music told me that he had a friend who was willing to part with a P5-4 for $1800 and that he would let me make payments on it. Suh-wheat!

Schilke P5-4
Needless to say, I hardly ever took the thing out of the case and so I sold it a few years back to one of my students who was majoring in music. You're welcome Manny.

Now i'm getting motivated to play again and I'll stick with my trusty Bach stradivarius #43 lightweight. I also have 2 cornets and another trumpet but the 43 is my primary horn.

I've had some wonderful teachers in the past. I was taught primarily by 2 teachers in trumpet: David McChesney and Randal Adams. McChesney was perhaps one of the most laid back guys i've ever known and I still send him emails from time to time. Good guy. Randy is a very soft spoken guy and is a monster on the horn. Another influential person in music was Gary Sousa. He's another cool cat and it was a priviledge to sit in his ensembles. Sousa was the reason I went to Sam Houston. He was my clinician at an All-State concert and offered me a scholarship. Very good guy.

- steeler

3 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

you like jenny piccolo

January 31, 2006 3:29 PM  
Blogger steeler247 said...

Haha!

Happy Days blast. nice.

February 01, 2006 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Подскажите, где в Питере дозволено подкупать ткань для завесы. Появилась обязанность сделать этакую завесу внутри помещения и ради этого нужен отрывок ткани, три для три метра с отверстиями с металлическими кольцами сверху (для на какую-нибудь верёвку весить).Я встречал лишь брезент (чрезвычайно грубая и тяжёлая ткань, воеже использовать в помещении), либо обычные занавески, только они слишком дорогие и мало прочные).Какая ткань подойдёт чтобы этой задачи и где дозволительно её купить? [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-svoimi-rukami/75-stroitelstvo-svoimi-rukami.html]косметический ремонт квартир[/url]

January 28, 2013 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home