Saturday, January 28, 2006

A few things from today

Worked on my taxes today. I have always liked preparing my own tax returns. I take it as a personal challenge to one-up Uncle Sam. Kinda odd only having to worry about my part of the return this year. Oh well. Finished it fairly painlessly. I'm getting a whopping $270 back. And with that...


I bought myself an iPod Nano! I got the 2yr extended warranty and a nice case and the total was $250. Not very user-friendly but i'm working out the quirks.

I had to buy tires today for my truck and those bad boys tain't cheap. 4 Goodyear Eagle LS = $800+. One thing that almost killed me - Lidia is willing to pay for 2 of the tires. OMGWTF! If I would have known that I would have gone with the Michelin's. Damn...

The skating party was kinda cool. Apparently there is a website that will locate the closest skating rink no matter your current locale

http://www.skatecentralonline.com/tx/sc-tx_featuredrinks.htm

Have fun.

I saw someone at the rink that brought back a flood of old memories. When i first met Lidia, i was sort of going out with another girl. This other girl was the classic All-American girl - cheerleader, smart & funny. And very nice looking. But when i saw Lidia for the first time - damn. I still look at Lidia and say damn, but for very different reasons now. So anyway i saw J. at the party and she looked like I remembered her. Wow. She's happily married with 2 beautiful daughters and is the Head Charge Nurse at the hospital where Lidia works. Too funny. We talked for awhile and she met my kids. I never wonder what might have been. I wouldn't have my kids today. No regrets...

While i'm reminiscing with J., Allison takes off her skates and runs out on the floor to chase after Thomas. This really big guy starts to skate backwards and just like that he hits her so hard that she fell back so hard it still has me shaken. I ran out there so fast that i accidently knocked over another kid. When i saw it happen, initially she didn't move for a second and it freaked me out. I have never been so scared for one of my kids safety then at that moment.

-247

2 Comments:

Blogger t said...

ugh I HATE that feeling when your baby is hurt. My anna was just a year old, at the swimming pool. I was sitting on the edge of the baby pool chatting w another mom, anna in a baby floaty right in front of me. Before I knew it she was turned over, head under, feet in the air. It felt like it took me a minute to finally turn her back up, like slow motion I was so freaked out.

January 29, 2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger TheHugeGuy said...

This one time one of my preschoolers walked right into a door. Not a closed door ... walked face first into the narrow side of an open door. The sound was terrifying and it looked horrifying. Luckily, he thought it was funny and giggled as he walked inside the room.

January 29, 2006 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home