Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Monday Night Farm Report

It's been several months since i've played this game. When i first found out about this game it was a $1/3 NL HE spread with an additional $3/6/12 Limit game. The Limit game is a rotating game of NLHE* and O8b**. The buyin at the time was $100.

So i drive up around 6:40pm and the parking lot was full. I thought i was attending the monthly tournament with the number of cars in the lot. When i walked in, i saw Tommy who runs the game. Tommy is an old friend of mine from High School. I asked if it was tourney night and he said this is the regular crowd now. Wow. When i first started the game in early 2005 there was 1 NL table and 1 Limit table. For the night we had 3 full NL and 1 Limit game. And there were people waiting to play in both. Un-freaking real. I ask Tommy which table I should sit at and he lets me know where the soft game is.

So...

I sit and give the dealer my $100 and I see several people buying in for $200. I'm not gonna sit short stacked so I get another $100. A few people at my table i've played before and I was fairly comfortable with the table. In my opinion it had the right amount of tight vs. loose players and i felt i could make some money if i grind.

I sat sandwiched between 2 internet Party Poker kids. One was wearing his PP shirt and the other had a hat. I found out soon enough that they brought their PP 'craft' to the game. Very first hand one old farmer raised the pot $40. Now i'm thinking what the hell did i get myself into and everyone folds but the PP kid to my right. Flop comes J55 and old man farmer pushed $50 and the kid just calls. The turn was 7 and old man pushes all in and the kid calls. Old guy had KK and kid had A5sooooooted. Nice. Rebuy!

Very next hand PP kid calls a $12 raise preflop with A4 off. Flop comes AK7. Kid bets $40 and another guy reraises $40 more. Kid didn't hesitate and pushes all in. Now the guy that was playing him was pretty tight and was thinking hard. He calls and shows AK and doubles up through the kid. It was like the first $200 pot didn't happen for PP. So as not to draw this out too much, PP kid played the next 5 hands in a row and lost his $200 + $200 more and was out after 10 hands or so. And i didn't get any of it. Also the kid to my left was up to $500+ around 1hr in and cashed out 1 hr later for a $12 profit. Let me win $$ and i'll keep it.

Two big hands for me...

1st Hand

In SB*** i was dealt QQ. Internet kid to my left had left and a very good player named Brock (b_rock72 on FTP) sat in that seat. Brock is the only guy i am worried about at the table. He is a 5/10 NL player and has sat at 25/50 NL a few times on Full Tilt. Most people equate level of blinds to level of play. I think i could sit there too if i had the bankroll but i'm comfortable with the limits i play. So with QQ i had 2 limpers to the pot and i raised $12 more. Brock has a rep at the table of being a good player and most people fold to him because of it. Brock just calls my $12 raise. Flop comes 732 with two hearts. I lead out and bet $20 and he just smooth calls. So now i'm thinking he's on a flush draw. The turn was Q clubs and i make top set. I was scared about the flush draw but i knew Brock could be slow playing a monster and ready to reraise... so i led out and bet $30. This was a smallish bet and i was hoping to induce a reraise. He thinks about it for a few minutes and then pushes all in and i call. He had AA and i sucked out big time. Huge pot for me. Tilted him something fierce and he left our table and went to another. I'm still torn between his play. If it were me i would have pushed the flop with the flush draw possible. But what do i know. I'm a low limit guy.

2nd Hand

Second big hand for me i was dealt AA in the BB. One guy named Clem ( i can't make this stuff up) is one of the tightest guys i've played. He is constantly talking and moving and you would think he likes to play hands but he is a true grinder and plays 4 games a week. He likes to bet big preflop with big hands. By big i mean very big. Well a few people limp to Clem and he raises the pot to $100. It folds to me and i ask him if he was serious about that bet. He says yep. Then I ask him if he was such a good player why is he scared to see a flop with KK. He starts goading me to call and i say i'm not gonna call, i'm gonna reraise all in. He is stumped. I then tell him "are you good enough to fold KK" and he is getting mad. He then tells me he thinks I have JJ and calls and i bust him. For the record he did have KK. Yeah me.

After this i slowed down and won my share of pots but never really mixed it up with anyone. It was a pretty good night for me. Cept for the $200 donkey play i did on Full Tilt before i left.

For the night i cashed $520 for a very nice $320 profit. I left a few bets on the table when i folded the best hand but all in all i felt very good about my play.

* NLHE - No Limit Hold-em. The amount of the bet is not limited to any set amount.
** 08b - Omaha Hi/Lo. Split game where someone can win the high or low hand.
*** SB- Small Blind - Forced bets to generate action.

-247

2 Comments:

Blogger atreyuisonfire said...

haha @ PP kids, old guys who tell you what they have, and disclaimers explaining the lingo

January 24, 2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Hrbek said...

lingo? what is a PP?

January 24, 2006 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home