Monday, January 23, 2006

Brothers Game: The Cast

This past Friday was a banner night for ole steeler. This game is one of the softest games i've played live and I schedule everthing around it just to make this game. The game is no-limit Texas holdem with blinds at .50 & 1.00 and the buy in is $20. I'll post the weekly results as I start to build this blog. We usually have around 7-8 players which include:

steeler247: Tight and aggressive. I am currently on an 18 week run at this game where i have made money. I'm the most consistent player by far at this game and the one with the most talent. No kidding. Money has no value to me at this game and its why I am a force. This took time to overcome and has made me a better player.

Brian aka Big Brother: He originally was a good player in my eyes but now he tries to play way to many hands and gets "sucked out" on with inferior plays. He is usually in the money but he buys in around $80-100 to get in the money. He either loses big or wins big. Not consistent and he has no patience.

John. aka Little Brother: He was aggressive when i first started and i let him push me out of tons of pots, but lately I have seen right through him. Thank you Mike Caro. He works hard for his money in life and at the table so now i can push him around cause the money means something to him.

Bill. aka Wild Bill: 70ish gentleman who is worth several million $$'s. I met him in my Farmers Game and he throws around tons of money. By the end of the night he is in for around $200. Money has no value to him either, but for way different reasons. He is the loosest player at the table and this is good for steeler and steelers offspring.

Steve: One of the original players to the Brothers Game and is very loose/passive player. He will chase hands to the river and understands not the correct way to push people out of pots. Will give me, and others, the correct odds to chase hands. He is usually in the game for $80 a night. Very inconsistent in the money and he is usually a $$ loser.

Rick. aka Dad: Father to the brothers. Very wild and egotistical player. Hates to lose a hand to me and therefore i've made him my bitch when i have a hand. He has paid me off more than once. He is a profitable player, but not for anything crafty. He likes to bully me with big bluffs and once again i have Mike Caro to thank. If we played Heads UP all day, i'd own his soul. But i'd sell or trade on ebay.

Jeremy: Tightest player i've ever been around. Only plays a few hands such as AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AK and will play them to huge preflop bets so as not to see a flop. I like Jeremy but I will crack his skull when we get in a hand. Won't fold big pocket pairs after flop and it makes him another very easy mark. He is only in the game for $20 a night and he is done. I use this to my advantage.

There are a few others that stop in but not as regularly. They are usually in for the initial $20 buy-in and are done.

-steeler

1 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

update pls

January 23, 2006 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home