Sunday, March 05, 2006

Saturday Game report

Played in the Saturday night Farmer's Tourney. Buy-in is $200+20+20. The extra $20 is a bounty chip, which is a cool idea. I really don't want to buyin full for this and I was glad I got a phone call from WildBill who asked if he could stake me half for this tourney. Well duh!

So I find Bill on Saturday and he gives me a hunny*. Its all about the Benjamins**.

The tourney had 32 entrants and 5 places pay. We start with 5000 chips. A few hands of note:

1st hand

I was playing conservatively early. I had actually decided to play a little more loose early but the cards wouldn't cooperate. First hand of note, I was dealt AKs in the SB. The table was playing very tight and there was 2 limpers. I raised to 200 (4x BB) and only one limper calls. Two of us to the flop...

AA5 rainbow. I knew the guy to play any ace and I was hoping he had the case***. I decided to play the set fast and bet 300. He immediately states his raise and pushes in 1300. Now I knew he had the case Ace. How to play? I think for a few minutes and decided to just call. The turn brought a 4 and a possible flush draw so I pushed all in. Now he thinks about it for awhile. He counts it out and I have him covered by a few chips. He calls and shows AT and I bust him and double up. I was the chip leader after 10 hands or so.

2nd Hand

Blinds at 50/100. I get AJs UTG and raise to 350. I get one caller. The flop...

A73 with 2 hearts.

I bet 400 chips and Lenny raises me 400 more. I think for a minute and reraise 3000 more and the guy just calls. WTF?!? The turn card was a 9. I push all in and Lenny calls me immediately. I remember saying 'if you called me this quickly, I'm beat', but he shows me A5o and I bust him. What a bad play by him. I now have around 17k.

After this I was a pretty big chip leader. I was gonna cruise to the final table. Ty, who is a very good player, was at my right. He just started playing in our Friday night game and I knew he would be a force. At one point he flopped the nuts and had 3 people all in before it got to him. It was a 20k pot and he and I were the chip leaders at the break. So what do we do at the break? We basically decide not to get in each other's way until the final table and lean on the others, which of course we did. By the time we got to 2 tables I had knocked out 4 people and so had he. I had 20k in chips and he was sitting at 22k. This was turning out nicely.

When we get to 2 tables, I couldn't get any hands. I picked up the blinds a few times and made a nice pot with AK but nothing real big. The tourney finally gets to 10 players and we consolidate to one table. I was sitting with 21k and Ty had around 18k. I was currently 2nd in chips and Ty was 3rd. The blinds were now 1000/2000.

First hand at the final table I get TT UTG and raise to 5000 chips. A very old lady to my left pushes all in for 6100. Everyone folds to me and I call. She has A9o and the flop comes A97. That sucked.

A few hands later I get AQs in the BB and everyone folds to the SB who pushes his last 5k in the pot and I call. He has A7 and catches a 7 on the turn. Now this is really sucking. I'm down to 10k or so in chips and cursing my luck when Ty catches the worst luck I've seen in awhile. I was dealt 99 in the BB. Ty was 2 to my left and raised 6000 chips. Another guy goes all in for 12k in chips and another guy calls. Now I'm sitting with 9s and muck. Ty immediately pushes all in and the 2nd caller calls his last 4k or so. Ty has KK vs. QQ and AK. The flop comes with a Q and Ty loses a huge pot. He has around 10k in chips and he's a little pissed. Two hands later, he's dealt AA and pushes all in and gets one caller with, of course, QQ. This time the Q comes on the river and he's busted in 8th.

We finally get to 6 players and I'm sitting in 5th with around 12k in chips. Blinds at 2000/4000 and I'm in 'all in or fold' mold. I get weak aces and push and I get the blinds to keep me afloat. We decide to pay 6th place $200 by taking $100 off of 1st and 2nd. With only 10k in chips I get ATs and push all in. I get called by Qs again by the same guy who busted Ty. I spike an ace on the flop and just like Hollywood, the Q comes on the river and I'm busted in 6th. Boo. When the table gets 4 handed they decided to do a 4-way chop! $1000 apiece and play it out for the remaining $200 or so.

For the night I made $20. That averages to around $6 an hour.

I may go pro.


*gangsta speak for One Hundred Dollar Bill and 00/100.
** more gangsta speak. Kent needs a translation.
*** case- the last card of its kind in the deck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

translate these my man - i was the OG

March 05, 2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home