Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Farm Report

With 40+ players at the tournament, this was shaping up to be a nice payday. I have been running real well lately and I figured to play tight and get aggressive with my big hands. Pretty standard. We start with 1000 chips and the blind structure is fast: 25/50; 50/100; 100/200 & 200/400. At the end of the 200/400 there is a break and the final add-on period. At the break they announce 6 paid spots with first place getting $2700 and second $1975. Not too bad.

I actually had a nice seat. There was a young kid who sat to my right who played every hand, bar none. He told me earlier that he had a live game in a nearby town and that he was killing the game. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but his play told me he was a fish. First hand of the tournament I got JJ UTG+2. I raise to 175 and get two callers including the guy to my right. Flop came AA7 and kid makes a 50 chip bet. I push all in and the other guy folds. Kid shows me K3s and folds. So I pick up the first pot and we are on our way. I play maybe 5-6 other hands before the break and had AA 2x and both times the kid paid me off. He's in the tournament for $300 now and the penultimate hand before the break I was dealt KTo in the BB. With blinds at 200/400 I was hoping to see a flop for free. One guy calls the BB and everyone folds to the kid to my right who just calls and I check. The flop came AQJ and i flop the nuts. Kid checks his hand to me and I bet 1200. Other guy folds and kid as loud as he could looks at me and says "i'm all in" and he pushes his last 2800 chips. No brainer. I call. He had AQs for 2 pair and told me I got lucky. Well no shit I got lucky. He gets up from the table and goes to talk to his friends and the dealer deals again and everyone folds to the BB and now its break. Kid comes back and wants to buy in again but they tell him too bad cause he let a hand go by and he's now officially out. Funny thing, one of the farmers tells him its a good thing that he save his money cause he had no chance of winning. So I'm only in the tournament for $50 and I have 6000 chips. There is a $50 add-on that will get you an additional 2000 chips so i get the 2k so that I can make a run. With blinds at 400/800 after the break I needed to make a run quickly.

About 8 hands into the next session I was dealt AKs hearts. I raise to 2400 chips and get one caller in the BB. The flop comes up K73 with two clubs and she checks to me. I push my last 5600 in the pot and she calls immediately. She has A6s of clubs. Turn was a 7h and river was 4c to knock me out. She was actually the 2 time defending champ in this tourney. I see how she did it now. So i'm out of the tourney and I'm waiting for others to bust so we can start the ring game.

About 30 minutes later the game starts and I buy in for $100. I was making a nice run when I lost a big pot and was down to around $80 in chips. By now, WildBill sat down and the action picked up. There is also another guy named John who will play every hand no matter what. At one time he was up $500 but lost it all by the end of the night. The table was raising preflop big and tons of people were calling with anything. Then the hand I dodged 20+ outs came up. I was dealt 99 in LP. The UTG player raised to $20 and 2 callers before it got to me. These guys would play anything and i really didn't wanna see a flop with this many people and I still had some fold equity with my chip stack so I pushed all in and made it $80 to go. WildBill was to my left and immediately called. John immediately called. UTG called and UTG+1 called. Great. There was $400+ in the pot now and I had 5 callers. Flop comes up up QT3 with 2 hearts. With 2 overs I knew I was beat but the table checks all around. The turn was a 7 spades and now there is two flush draws on the board and two over cards and again everyone checks around. The river card was another 7 and again everyone checks. I didn't wanna turn over my cards since I knew i was beat but WildBill says he missed his OESD and flush draw (KJh). John had A6s spades and missed his flush draw and over card. Another guy had 98s and missed his Jack for the straight and the last guy had A3 and missed an Ace and another 3. I was in shock! I turned over my 9s and couldnt' believe that it held up. For the record I dodged 25 outs on the river: 8 spades; 9 hearts; 1-A, 2-K, 2-J, 2-6 and 1-3 . With only 35 cards left there were only 10 cards that could help me. Amazing. It was a $400+ pot.


-247

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home