Saturday, February 04, 2006

Friday Night Report

Another Friday and another Brother's game. When I showed up at 6pm they were already in full swing. This was the biggest game we have had to date. Not in $$ but in people. We had 8 players. Before I left for this game, I talked to Will (willw9) and told him there is no reason I shouldn't pwn these guys weekly. Last week I broke my consecutive win streak by trying to play damn near every hand with horrid results. Last night I took the ole iPod and decided to play super tight and aggressive with hands. Brian (brother #1) decided he was tired of losing $100 every week and now has made the initial buyin $25 with the other $5 going to the house. No worries. The juice made me more determined. No real big hands I remember. I won the pots that I was supposed to and played very aggressively in the hold em rounds.

"How come whenever we get heads up you always beat me?" - Wild Bill

This was a funny comment from Bill and my only answer was silence. He wouldn't understand. For the night I cashed out $135 for a $110 profit. We actually broke up the game around 10pm. We had 4 guys leaving early and the remaining players did not want to play 4 handed. I told them that if we continued to play I would have every chip at the table. I was somewhat joking and somewhat dead ass serious.

I bought some new headphones for my iPod on Thursday. I spoke with my brother, Lee, who is a very big electronics guru. I guess that comes from working for Siemen's Corporation. Anywho he told me that I should get the Bose Tri-ports. These bad boys are awesome but they cost $150. I didn't wanna really go down that route and I kinda wanted the smaller earbuds so he suggested another product by Shure. I bought the Shure earbuds for $99 and they are the most complicated pieces of equipment I've ever purchased. They come with multiple ear insert sizes but none of the pieces fit comfortably and I hate them. So i'm taking the Shure's back to Best Buy all earwaxed up. Funny.

Talked to willw9 yesterday and he also has the Bose Tri-ports and said they are the best headphones he has ever used. I told him that I would buy some if I won money in the Brother's game. Guess I'm getting those today.


I've been visiting Monster.com lately. I actually got my last job on this site and I like it. In my previous job, I was the contact for all new clients and it was my job to sell our company to prospective clients across the US. Each contract was in the neighborhood of $1,000,000 - $8,000,000 and I like to think I was very good at this. My title was Development Coordinator and thats exactly what i did - Develop properties all over the US. Most of these new clients would show up with just a survey of the property and it was my responsibility to layout buildings following all the Building Codes for each different municipalities. I'm no architect but the projects I designed were very good looking and two of them won National Awards for Construction. Some properties are easier than others. If there were issues with zoning, I would schedule meetings with zoning commissioners and sometimes City Council members. I would research if properties were in flood zones or historical districts and if so I would have to meet with the correct people to get this project moving. Some of the funniest moments were building in San Antonio in Historical Districts. With all the spanish missions in San Antonio, you can't seem to build anything without causing some stink with some neighborhood preservation club. Nothing worse than getting told off by some 80yr old woman - on the record. I never had a project not go through and this made me proud. I have a knack for making people comfortable and feel at ease in any conversational setting be it Farmers or Financiers. I'm thinking I may want to go back in some type of selling only cause the $$ is so good. I have a friend who has mentioned pharmaceutical sales and I know a few people who do this now. This may be an option.

EDIT:

Here's a sketch of the last project I worked on for Artistic Builders. This project is now under construction in San Antonio and It's kinda depressing not being able to be a part of this project to the end. The owner, Mark Skeans, was one of the friendliest guys and best client we had. We got along wonderfully and I consider him a friend. When I told him I was leaving he was sincerely sorry for me leaving and then offered his entire portfolio of knowledge in development to me and for this I'm grateful. This project is a 90,000 sf self storage facility with 32 mini offices. Its a very nice design (imho) and should garner some National Awards in its field.




-247

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rx sales jobs are da bomb. I've had several friends that did it and LOVED it. The perks are unbelievable and the pay is great, too, so GL with that.

February 06, 2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger steeler247 said...

Sorry, I didn't draw that sketch. I only draw elevations of the front, sides, rear and top views plus the floor plan layouts. I sent these drawings to a friend i know in Louisiana who comes up with the pen and ink sketch.

Didn't mean to confuse. I only come up with how i want the building to look like then its sent to our artist.

February 07, 2006 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home