Monday, June 12, 2006

Post count...

Its not quantity, its quality.

And i'm lacking in both.

Funny thing from the backseat:

Thomas called me earlier to pick him up. He wanted to spend the night with me, so I go pick him up. No biggie. On the way back we are listening to some 50 Cent on the radio. Save your "kids shouldn't be listening to gangsta rap" comments... Its dark out, but out of the corner of my eye I see him doing the robot in the back seat. Classic!!! He's just staring out the window and doing the freaking robot. I started laughing and he never saw me. I love that kid.

Los escritores americanos latinos son la bomba:

I may have found a topic for my class. Something along the lines of the Boom writers of Latin America. I'll toss in some magical realism and how narratives are developed from the culture. Should be interesting. At least for me. Jorge Luis Borges and Gabriel Garcia Marquez are my faves and i'm actually looking forward to the research.

Yeah. This is your past calling...

Had a very nice conversation with my former boss. The principle investor in our project asked if we could secure a turn key quote from a "reputable" contractor on the construction. He mentioned a few local General Contractor's he knew. I contacted a few of them and they really had no idea about this niche market, so I turned to my old company. My old compadres were very happy that I thought of them and I think they were sincere in saying there was no ill feelings from our separation. I never had any to begin with, but my leaving was pretty sudden and I thought they would shut me out.

I guess the almighty dollar opens many doors. This thing is moving fast and furious. I have the architectural contract finalized and i'm working on hiring a civil engineer now.

Steeler needs this project to come to fruition. I'm digging deep into my own $$. No supersizing of fries for me for awhile.

That's one Biggie Fry and a coke. Anything else?

I'm certain that i'm now unemployable. I think i'm 0-3 on the job front. I say "i think" because two of the interviewers have yet to contact me to tell me to eff off.

Is not hearing from them a good thing? I doubt it.

Gone Fishin'

My Monday and Wednesday night classes are cutting into my finances. I now have to skip two very lucrative live games and its hurting me. Now WildBill cancelled the Tuesday night game as well due to lack of participation.

I may start selling Amway soon.

-247

4 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

Not ever contacting you again is the new HR-thing. Maybe they think it's time not well-invested, but the company that contacts you and tells you to take them off your radar screen is a) a rarity and b) skilled in the art of doing the right thing.

the robot is a solid move.

June 13, 2006 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, thought that approach was limited to hollywood producers. too bad it's the norm now.

meanwhile, just reread "love in the time of cholera." what a good book.

"there was soap."

i'd take that class in a heartbeat. as for the ones who don't call you back? f'em.

June 13, 2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger steeler247 said...

if you like Cholera, try One Hundred Years of Solitude. Awesome book.

i can just imagine Hrbek doing the robot. thats a MasterCard priceless moment. Pry.

June 13, 2006 5:55 PM  
Blogger Hrbek said...

I'm a combo running man-robot guy. Mixed in with a cabbage patch.

June 13, 2006 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home