Thursday, June 08, 2006

Multiple Guess

I've had a few interviews this week and the theme of each interview seems to be TEKS. TEKS is the standardized test that all school children must pass in order to move to the next grade. The test is administered as early as the 3rd grade in Texas. In order for High School students to graduate they must pass the test in their 11th grade year and then are retested in their 12th grade year if they fail any part of this test.

So basically every principal I met with told me they teach directly from the TEKS. Groovy. gg creativity.

And with the No Child Left Behind Act it makes the gifted and talented students stagnant. I mean, why teach something that isn't on the test! Besides you don't want to leave any child behind. The dumbing down of Americana has begun. And i'm going to be an active participant in it!

Few stories of the past week to catch you all back up...

Thomas lost his first tooth on Wednesday. The tooth had been wiggly for some time now so I got a small towel and yanked it out of his mouth. He said it didn't hurt. He's a trooper. We put it under his pillow last night and the "tooth fairy" left some US currency.

WOULD YOU SAY THE MAIN IDEA IN THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH IS:

A) Thomas lost his first tooth
B) Thomas is a trooper
C) I may have violated Thomas' civil rights in extracting his tooth prematurely.
D) I could be prosecuted by some activist judge for allowing my 6 year old to believe in fairies.

Allison took a crap on the floor yesterday and for the life of me I don't know why. Thing is, she made it to the bathroom but proceeded to poop on the floor. She then covered it with a bath towel so I wouldn't step on it, she would later claim. When I discovered the gift under the towel it made me _____________.

A) sick to my effing stomach
B) curse the genes she inherited from her mother's side of the family
C) Both A and C
D) order a grilled cheese sandwich

Not much online poker for me lately.

-s247

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E. Any or all of the above unless it's none of the above... maybe.

June 08, 2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger t said...

Its pry D, but Id go with B out of spite.

June 09, 2006 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) going with theresa's answer.

2)ever read "harrison bergeron" by kurt vonnegut? it's no longer in the fiction section.

June 09, 2006 1:08 PM  
Blogger IlliniFan97 said...

I'm going with A and D. Does that mean I have ADD?

June 09, 2006 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home