Saturday, March 18, 2006

Welcome to Big D

Not since Lee Harvey Oswald has there been a more hated person in Dallas. And now the Dallas Cowboys can call him teammate. Yesterday, Jerry Jones proved winning means everything, and signed the most hated player in Dallas Cowboys history. What does this mean for me? Well, I grew up hating the Cowboys. I hated the America's Team mantra. I hated the damn star. I hated the blue and silver. I hated em. Hated em.

I was a huge Oilers fan. I remember as a kid I nearly cried when Bum gave his famous 'next year we are gonna kick the damn door down' speech. I remember the Oilers as 2nd tier talent and the Cowboys were always winning.

But now... I love the Cowboys. Why? Well because it gives me so much ammunition for this upcoming season. This town is filled with Dallas fans and I'm on an island as a Texan fan. Dallas fans will open their arms wide and forgive easily, their new savior.

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

Pastorini ruled.

Bruce Whatever his name was ruled to. Their center for like 35 years.

Earl C. was pretty good.

Billie Joe WS Johnson had this funny dance when he scored.

March 18, 2006 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! Enjoy him! I'm sure he'll be a total gentleman until whatever stiff they get to play quarterback forgets that he is open every play.

March 19, 2006 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home