Friday, March 17, 2006

Poker sucks, at times.

Thursday was the worst run of cards I'd seen in some time. I played (4) 4 seaters and (3) 6 seaters and did not make the money in any of them. Then I got my final divorce papers yesterday which was icing on the cake. I was talking with IlliniFan and decided that the bad run was all in my head and I would play the Tier 3 using my $75 token.

I knew right away it was going to be tough. Not because of the level of play in this high buyin, but because all these people qualified as donkeys in smaller satellites to get there. Very first hand the UTG raises to 100. Button reraises to 400 straight indicating he had a monster. Blinds all fold but the UTG was not phased and smooth called with his monster. The flop came 10 7 3 with 2 spades. UTG checks to button and button pauses, then pushes all in. UTG calls immediately. UTG had K8s in spades and button had AA. Of course the spade fell on the river and the action started. I really hate/love these type of players. For the record no one at the table thought there was anything wrong with the way this guy played this hand. Very next hand the K8 guy was back to 1500 chips when he got in a raising war with someone preflop and pushed all in with pocket 3s to KK with the KK holding up. K8 guy was the first to be busted out.

As for me, I picked up chips early and was making a nice run. Three people were out early and I was sitting with around 1600 chips and in 2nd. I was playing aggressively when I had hands and letting go mediocre's to start. Folded AT twice in early position. Then the hand that did me in. I was dealt KK in the BB. The table folds to the SB who raises to 120. I decide to reraise in this instance and made it 420 to go. The SB was the chip leader by 40 chips or so and I wanted to let him know that it was not wise to tango with me right now. However the SB just calls the bet. The flop came 49T and the SB pushes all in for all his chips. I immediately call and he shows AJo. He had no flush draw or straight draw and was down to catching any of the 3 remaining aces or running straight or running flush. Catching the Ace would be too easy. This guy caught runner runner for the straight and knocked me out in 6th.

Nice read idiot.

















I decided that I was done with poker for the night, but instead signed up for Tom's game. I was short stack for the longest time before making a few nice double ups late (thank you Freaky) to get back in it. When Freaky was chip leader he would raise the exact amount of chips I had left. That guy is a tool. Most think he's a good player, but I see him as wild. He's challenged me more than once to million dollar heads up play. Always funny. In the end we get 3 handed and I felt that I was playing against a team. The were avoiding playing each other and seemed to be gunning for me. No problem. In the end I pushed all in with A5s and Freaky called with KJ and caught his Jack and knocked me out in 3rd.

Tough ending to a shitty day.

-steeler

1 Comments:

Blogger t said...

i feel your pain.. ive been on a 4 week hiatus from poker. I played a lil today w my free Party Poker bonus.

March 24, 2006 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home