Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Player out!

That was said last night about 4 minutes into my live Greek Bros. Tourney.

I was talking with Tommy prior to the game. Tommy runs the Farmers game and we were discussing how to get past this big field of goons. I told him I was gonna play aggressively after the flop and make em pay me off. It seemed sound enough at the time.

The dealer starts to deal for the button and viola... I get it! I joked to Ike (co-owner Farmers) that it was gonna be the only thing I won all night. Boy was I right.

I'm on the button and UTG raises to 100. Blinds at 25/50, so this is the standard raise in this game, sadly. Everyone folds to me and I just call with TT. Remember: aggressive POST flop. Both the blinds fold and its me and UTG girl.

FLOP: Qh Th 5h

Freaking TD! I set, but I'm worried about the flush draw. UTG bets 100 again, and I reraise to 500 and she just calls.

TURN: 5c

Another freaking TD! Now I want her to be on the flush. Again she bets 100 and I just call.

River: 7h

Now I'm praying she's on AhQ and made the nut flush. She bets 100 again and I think for around 15 secs or so - wondering if she'll call an all in. I push my last 1800 in the pot. She actually takes like 15 secs deciding to call while she looks back and forth at her hand and the board. She calls and shows me QQ.

gg steeler. guess I could have made a smaller reraise on the river to keep myself in the game.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never mention your hand. 10-10?

March 23, 2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger steeler247 said...

oh... it was TT

March 23, 2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger t said...

gaaaaaaaaaaaaawd i hate these "bet 100" players, cant figure out what they have!!

March 24, 2006 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home