Thursday, November 16, 2006

Things about the 6th grade

One thing I've learned from the kids is that "dating" can be pretty easy. Take Kristine* for example...

Last Friday was the 6th grade dance. A really big event in their Jr. High days because it was their first school dance. All I heard during the week was 'what are you gonna wear' to 'are you gonna dance?'. Very taxing on these youngster's souls.

The dance started just like I predicted - boys on one side and girls on the other. For the first hour nobody danced. So I asked the DJ if he had the song Cha-Cha by MC Chris. He did and they loved it. Real ice breaker. So, Kristine, who is a very tall girl, wanted me to make some guy dance with her. Any guy. I tried my best but no takers. So she finds a very short 7th grader. This guy is very nice but it's quite obvious he has never seen/participated/heard of a dance move. He gets an 'A' for effort. So... after only one dance, Kristine asks him if he has a girlfriend. He replies "no". She asks if he wants one. He says "yes" and just like that, they are an item.

Is dating really that easy now? I've been out of practice for so long.

-twenty fo seven

* Identity changed to protect the innocent

2 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

when u said she is very tall, i admit i expected the worst.

btw, have u seen my BR?

November 19, 2006 12:43 AM  
Blogger steeler247 said...

no i haven't seen your BedRoom.

Perv.

November 19, 2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home