Thursday, August 31, 2006

My day...

Another year and another Fantasty Football season. Last year was my first season and I totally sucked. This year in keeping with tradition I drafted another player who is out for the year. I dropped Koren Robinson and picked up Alstott as a FA afterwards so no biggie.

Here's my roster...

QB Donovan McNabb
QB Vince Young
QB David Carr
RB Reggie Bush
RB DeAngelo Williams
RB Ahman Green
RB Mewelde Moore
RB Mike Alstott
WR Randy Moss
WR Steve Smith
WR Drew Bennett
WR Brandon Lloyd
TE Alge Crumpler
TE Jermaine Wiggins
D Giants
K Jason Elam


I'm waiting on your comments.

*******************************************

The new gig is pretty sweet. I'm having a good time with the kids, the job, and the other teachers. As for the drive, it's exactly 32.2 miles from my house to my school so no biggie there. This morning I stopped at the store to get my usual 3 Ham & Cheese rolls and chocolate milk and forgot to put gas in my truck.

Did I mention there is absolutely nothing between Edna and El Maton?

So I get about 10 miles out and my gas gauge starts blinking and the overhead reading shows that I have 20 miles left till empty. As i'm watching the overhead, the number starts dropping by 2 miles every 1/2 mile. I stop in the middle of nowhere. I'm 18 miles from Blessing and about 15 miles from the very small town of La Ward (pop. 45). I'm racking my brain trying to remember if there is a gas station in La Ward and decide that I have no choice - I have to risk it. I turn around and go to La Ward. About 3 miles out, my gas gauge is tapped and the overhead number has been on zero for some time. I pass the only store in town and they do not have gas pumps. But down the street I see one of those unmanned gas stations that have a pay at the pump. Sweet. It took awhile for the damn thing to read my credit card and the gas was $2.89 a gallon but no worries. I make it to school on time. Pry woulda got detention if I was late.


View from the front seat. Cotton fields everywhere.


This here is cotton...


5 Comments:

Blogger Hrbek said...

1. NTeam -- way better than inaugural
2. That ain't no cotton.

August 31, 2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger TheHugeGuy said...

Can't go wrong with the Giant's defense. GO G-MEN!

September 01, 2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger t said...

i think this post is racist.

September 02, 2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Hrbek said...

still aint no cotton

September 04, 2006 1:06 AM  
Blogger steeler247 said...

it's cotton. trust me on this one.

September 04, 2006 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home