Monday, August 28, 2006

Ok. I'm back

I'm back. Nuff said.

Special thanks to my Aunt Mary who, using her worst judgement, thought I really needed a woman.

Any woman.

She gives my cell number to some girl in town who calls me. Here's a few excerpts from that discussion using my best recollection of the events...

Girl: Hello? Is this steeler?

Steeler: Yes. Who's this?

Girl: You don't know me but i've seen you in town and I've wanted to meet you for some time. (now i'm thinking this may be a call i'm glad I took)

Steeler: Ok. I'm not sure i know you.

Girl: You don't. You've seen me before. Remember at the zoo about 6 months ago? A guy i was with dropped a pen and you picked it up and gave it to me.


Steeler: Sorry. I don't remember.

Girl: Really? You don't remember? You gave me the pen.

Steeler: (looking at watch) Sorry. I don't remember.

3 minutes later the conversation breaks down quickly...

Girl: So anyway I have 4 kids and i'm divorced.


Steeler: 4 kids? You just kept having kids till your uterus fell out huh. (lauging at my own joke)

Girl: (crickets)


then some more funny parts...

Girl: so anyway I really have 5 kids but I gave up my oldest son to his dad. I had him when I was 13 years old. (she's 26)

steeler: uh. wow. (now it's really uncomfortable and i'm trying to bail)

Girl: I work at McDonalds but my ex-husband's girlfriend keeps showing up talking mess to me so i'm pry gonna beat her ass the next time she comes in.

steeler: uh. ok. Listen, i have to go but it was nice talking to you.

Girl: You gonna call me back?

steeler: Uh, sure. You bet.

My aunt is off my christmas card list.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, let's see 26, 5 kids, works at McDonald's.... not good enough says the guy who "has to draw the line somewhere"?

Hahahahahhahahahah!

JK!

P.S. Glad you're [your, youre] back.

August 29, 2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger IlliniFan97 said...

You OBVIOUSLY aren't desperate enough yet. Aunt trying to do you a favor and she's off you Xmas card list?

She GAVE you an early Xmas present and you bailed...silly, silly man.

Is this the new, responsible steeler? Are all these stories going to be this boring? How the hell can the rest of us live vicariously through you if you never call her back?

...sigh...

August 29, 2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger Hrbek said...

who is posting here? steeler won't be happy when he is back and sees this...

August 30, 2006 8:18 AM  
Blogger t said...

you are too picky.

September 02, 2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

I think this is the best thing I've read in a while. It's a good thing I don't post any of my dating stories on my blog...

September 10, 2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger SmBoatDrinks said...

But what about the free Big Macs???


Oh well, at least you'll always have the pen!

September 12, 2006 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude 5 kids....she will definitely put out! Pass the Sugah!

September 18, 2006 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home