Thursday, July 06, 2006

Congrats

Congratulations to my little brother Lee who just qualified for the National APA 9-Ball Championships in Las Vegas in August!

Two things about most guys:

1) They all think they are good at poker.
2) They all think they are good at pool.

Lee is very good at pool.

He is one of those players that if you give him any chance he will win. I played him Friday night and twice he ran the table on me, which means he broke, then proceeded to knock all the balls in succession. Very hard to do this in 9-ball. I've run the table only once in my entire life in 9-ball and he did it to me twice on Friday. He was rated in the Top 5 while he was living in Corpus Christi and is now one of the highest rated players in San Antonio. He's never been to LV which means I really want to go with him. We'll see.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now THAT is cool! congrats to your bro.

July 06, 2006 7:25 PM  
Blogger TheHugeGuy said...

1. My 7th place finish in today's $1 Multi PROVES that I am good at poker.

2. I have broken no fewer than 3 glass objects that were no closer than 10 feet to the table while playing pool.

July 06, 2006 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GG lil brother!

My lil brother went to Vegas last year with his pool league's champion team. Going again this year, too. I'm thinking great excuse to go to LV, other half is thinking NAWT.

Sigh.

July 07, 2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger Hrbek said...

^^^^^ sucks at pool and knows it.

July 07, 2006 10:55 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

I am the Best Pool Player in the World when I'm drunk, at least I think I am.

Need a chaperone in Vegas?

July 09, 2006 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home